PSYDEH [see-day], a grassroots women’s empowerment nonprofit based in rural Mexico, is seeking a part-time or full-time Development Manager focused on implementing effective fundraising strategies in collaboration with a growing, dynamic team
In this role, the Development Manager will plan, execute, lead, and evaluate fundraising strategies aligned with PSYDEH’s organizational objectives. The primary responsibilities of PSYDEH’s Development Manager are to identify funding opportunities for the organization; develop and execute strategic alliances and proposals; and otherwise contribute to PSYDEH’s fundraising efforts as they relate to donors and partnerships.
In order for PSYDEH to scale and meet our ambitious program goals it is essential that our funding streams and partnerships continue to grow. PSYDEH’s Development Manager will assist in expanding our long-term, unrestricted general operating funds, increasing individual donors through digital communication strategies, fostering old and new corporate partnerships, and refining systems for grant submissions.
PSYDEH is seeking a self-starting, hard-working professional prepared to navigate the challenges of a small nonprofit based in rural Mexico alongside a dedicated and diverse team. This position requires strong written communication skills and professional experience in organizational strategy and fundraising. PSYDEH’s Development Manager is inherently a leadership role within the organization and, as such, offers the opportunity to create real impact and, over time, collaboratively shape the organization and its efforts.
- Lead grant writing and reporting, maintain grants calendar.
- Coordinate foundation and partnership prospect research.
- Manage donor stewardship, cultivation and retention.
- Co-lead individual donor initiatives (e.g. newsletter appeals, monthly giving, membership renewals, symbolic adoptions, online donation pages).
- Help identify and implement improved organizational systems to track past, current, and prospective donors, foundations, partners.
- Assist with/leading fundraising campaigns, events.
- Work collaboratively on team meetings and monthly organization-wide meetings
- Proofread proposals, newsletters, reports and other materials as needed.
- Explore other creative ways to grow PSYDEH’s network.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
- Advanced Spanish is a plus, but not required.
- Experience in grant writing, project planning, partnerships, nonprofit fundraising best practices.
- Highly motivated, intellectual curiosity, mission-driven, self-directed, sense of humor with the ability to manage multiple projects and work according to specific deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with a team with strong communication.
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills that support and enable decision-making.
- Skilled at building and growing relationships with foundations, donors, businesses and non-financial supporters.
- Strong interpersonal communication and marketing skills; excellent oral communication and ability to participate in public speaking events.